Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Chasing Dreams

For those of my readers that don't know, I'm back in school and that is what's responsible for my hiatus from blogging! I'm finally going after my dream of becoming a diabetes educator.  After all, that is what I originally started college for back in 2005 only to come out with a business degree, but that's a whole different story.  
My summer has been consumed with anatomy & physiology plus developmental psych, discussion boards, projects, quizzes, exams and labs.  While it is a bit overwhelming, I keep reminding myself that it will be TOTALLY worth it when I can finally help revolutionize diabetes care.
Trust me, after the shadowing I've done, the whole way doctors, nurses, nutritionists, pharmaceutical companies, etc., go about treating anyone with T1 or T2 diabetes is WRONG and completely INSANE!   There are only a handful of medical professionals willing to go against the grain and truly help those of us fighting this uphill battle called diabetes everyday.  Here's to hoping that one day, I can say that I helped to change that.  

Well, now that the cat's out of the bag, I must get back to studying ;)  Exam's on Monday and these things don't just ace themselves!
~D

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment